Monday 5 January 2015

Post 40: The 3 Minute Thesis Competition!

I know this is my third post in three days! I've been having a really productive time finalizing my conference presentation for the International TA conference, and today when I was taking a break and checking my email, I saw a call (once again) for the 3 Minute Thesis Competition (3MT), and wanted to get a post up ASAP, because the deadline to apply is this Friday, January 9th!


The 3MT is fundamentally about science communication and being able to compellingly communicate your research story to a general audience. I forewent this last year to participate in the SSHRC Storyteller's Competition, and which I'll probably try again, this year.

UVic provides a few training sessions in mid/late January:

Tactics and Strategies for 3MTJanuary 19, 2015  - 2:00-3:30 pm, University Centre Bldg. Rm A180andJanuary 23, 2015 - 10:30 am - noon, University Centre Bldg. Rm A180

Very usefully, UVic also provides sample of what the 3MT looks like, by showing the winners from last year's competition.

I texted with my colleague G— as I was filling in my registration earlier today. Here's a link for the form.
I hit "Print" and saved a .pdf version of the filled out form, which needs to be emailed to Ms. Carolyn Swayze at fgscirc@uvic.ca. Again, the deadline is this Friday, January 9th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment